*Today at church a youth got up to speak without any notes. He is on the high school football team, with a super cool and casual manner, and I thought, "Hmm--looks like someone forgot to prepare a talk." I was so wrong! He gave a beautiful talk about a General Conference talk and it was memorized! He even quoted from the talk, and related it to being a youth. I was unfairly judgmental. I told his mom after how much I enjoyed his talk, and she said she didn't even know he was speaking until he asked when he should go sit on the stand.
*A sweet baby was blessed today. It makes me think of my babies getting their blessings, and now I get to see them being fulfilled. Life is long. Life is short. I'm grateful for experiencing it all.
*I played the piano for a choir number. Thankfully it went well. I'm not fully comfortable in this role as substitute choir pianist, but the Lord is helping me, and I do have plenty of time to practice. My eyes are questionable sometimes--I have to wear my glasses on days when they're tired.
*Funny note with my Sunbeams: my co-teacher is from the Philippines, and I love her. She does have a bit of an accent, which usually isn't a problem. She was telling the kids that "Jeremiah had appeared..." (I don't remember the rest of it). A cutie said, "My dad has a beard!" Took me a minute to figure out why she said that. ☺
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment