*Today at church the Bishop asked us to have one prayer a day leading up to Thanksgiving be a thankful prayer--only giving thanks and no asking for anything. I think that's something I need to do.
*Today I was conducting the music for Sacrament Meeting. (I haven't done that in a long time. I had a bit of difficulty seeing the words in the hymnbook while it was on the music stand. My eyes are aging faster than I am.) For the closing song, we sang "Lord, I Would Follow Thee" and I was looking out at the congregation of my friends, and as I sang "Who am I to judge another as I walk imperfectly? In the quiet heart is hidden sorrows that the eye can't see," I thought of the sorrows that I knew about and those that I didn't, and I felt the need to repent for any unfair judgements I have made. I would hope that others would grant me the same.
It was a...good day for reflection!
No comments:
Post a Comment