*Today at church one of my Primary students asked me repeatedly for a snack. I didn't have any food with me, due to the fact that I haven't needed to bring snacks to church for about seven years or so, since my youngest is now almost 11. A sister who has four young kids, with the oldest being seven, said she and her husband were talking about my family and wondering if their kids would ever be as good as ours at church. These things made me reflect on all the tricky church years that we have gone through. She just hadn't seen it when our kids were her kids' ages. We also spent plenty of time out in the hall with wigglers and kept a pretty good supply of snacks (except when we lived in Plano due to a rat problem in the building) to help with "hanger" and also just for a moment of distraction so I could look up and appreciate what was being said for a minute. It has really only been the last year or so that I feel we're in a place where most of my family can feel a sense of peace (and hopefully the Spirit) during Sacrament Meeting. It is a good place to be.
*I've been thinking of the "Good, Better, Best" talk given last week all week long. It's helping me to make better choices with my time.
It's a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment