*Today at church we celebrated Mother's Day. I'm grateful that I've never had negative feelings about this day, as many other sisters do, but I do understand why it's hard for some. I am grateful for the desire and ability to mother, for both my own children and for others I associate with, and for all those that step up to mother my children, too, as their teachers, advisors, and mentors. Benson sang "I Often Go Walking" with the Primary for the last time--it's the last time I'll have one of my children singing on Mother's Day as a Primary kid. After the first half of Primary (when I taught my class), we ladies were excused to the Relief Society Room for fruit, cupcakes, and visiting. (Ben and Scott covered Primary music time. ☺) It was a nice morning.
*A couple sisters after church gave me Mother's Day hugs, and they were very appreciated.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment