*Today before church I was laying in bed thinking that I was excited for church, but my tail bone wasn't. I've been having trouble sitting for long periods of time because of pain in my tail bone, and for some reason, church seats are some of the most difficult for me, even with padded pews. We had spent a wonderful (but long) evening at Gracie's high school graduation the night before, and my tail bone was still in a bit of pain from that. I prayed that it wouldn't be an issue for me today. Very soon after my prayer, I got a text from our organist asking if I could be her last minute substitute due to her sick children. I'm always happy to help her out, and was grateful there was time to review the hymns before getting to church. Things went well (though not perfect-- it's never perfect! 🙂) and after Sacrament Meeting I was heading to Primary with Ben and remarked that my prayer had been answered in an unexpected way. Since I was getting up and down from sitting at the organ several times, I wasn't still for a long period of time, and my tail bone didn't have a chance to get sore! An unexpected and tender mercy.
*Our Young Women's President spoke today. I love her thoughtful comments and humility mixed with boldness. My girls have been truly blessed under her leadership, and I pray often in gratitude for that.
*One of my "more active" Primary boys made a comment that surprised me with its thoughtfulness., because I'm never quite sure if he's paying attention to anything that's being said. Our music leader was reviewing the song "Come, Follow Me" and asked, "What does 'And let us in his footsteps tread' mean?" He answered, "So we don't have to come up with a new way to do things. He already made a path, and we just follow Him so we will go the right place and not have to make up something new." Well done.
No comments:
Post a Comment