Friday, February 9, 2024

January 2024, Week 3

 *Today at church a young family sat behind us, and I love them and was so grateful that they were there, but my goodness, it was hard to focus with the noise being produced.  It made me: 1) focus more diligently on what people were saying, as I had to make an effort to do so; 2) grateful that my kids have grown past the point of being a disturbance to others; 3) curious about how many people we disturbed when they WERE younger and hungry and bored and frustrated and silly, and 4) hopeful that others around us in those days were forgiving and patient as I hoped I could be now.  I never felt as if our family was unwelcomed, and I hope to never make anyone feel that way.

*In our Primary class we drew Lehi's dream on a poster.  My dad did this with me for a FHE lesson when I was about 8, and it was fun to recreate the experience.  The kids really remembered a lot of details, though our Great and Spacious Building had rocket boosters on it to keep it up in the sky, and there was a boat in the filthy river, but there was a tree with bright fruit, and a whole host of people holding to the iron rod making their way to it, despite the mists of darkness all around.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment