Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 2015, Week 3

*Today I went to three Ward Councils and two Ward Conferences, and taught Sharing Time in the Spanish branch.  No worries--a lot of that overlapped, though I was in some sort of meeting from 7:45 am to 4:00 pm.  I comfort myself that the Stake Presidency started even earlier, and stayed even later.  I am meeting so many people, and learning so much Spanish!  (Not nearly enough, though.)  My fabulous counselors taught the Sharing Times in the other two wards while I was at the other meetings.  I freely admit that my natural introverted self would love to just stay in my home, all the time, and not talk to anyone but my family, but I also freely admit that it is a blessing to be challenged beyond my natural introverted self to step out and serve and love.  I would never choose to do this type of calling on my own, but it seems to be exactly what I need to grow into what Heavenly Father needs me to be.  It seems I have lots of growing left to do.

*Today was a hard day for my husband at church.  He gets lots of practice getting everyone to church alone, and he substituted in my 13 year old son's Sunday School class, and he helped in the Deacon's Quorum, as he does each Sunday, with the company of our 2 year old son, who refuses to stay in the nursery, and then had BYC and a flag sales meeting for the Scout camp fundraiser after church, with all the kids in tow.  He admitted that it was hard, but he also said how willing he is to support me in my calling, and that we can do hard things.  He is wonderful.

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment