*Today at church I was able to teach the lesson in Relief Society. We discussed a talk from April 2014 General Conference by Elder Robert D. Hales called "If Ye Love Me, Keep My Commandments." It had an interesting section about different types of obedience, that he called natural man's obedience, selective obedience, and the Savior's obedience (or spiritually mature obedience). I was anxious to hear the insights of the sisters in my ward, and they did not disappoint. It was refreshing to be in a lesson where there was dialogue, and learning, and emotion. I was more bold than I thought I would be in declaring that we must be obedient to the Prophet, because he is obedient to the Lord, even when popular opinion goes another way--and even when the popular opinions are from church members. I find it easier to be bold in Primary than in Relief Society. I think it is because the women there have such varied experiences and I don't want to offend any who are on the fringes, but I should not be ashamed of declaring obedience to the Prophet. The Primary kids are willing to believe bold statements, because their hearts are soft and open to truth--and not offended. I did enjoy the experience. I think I will always be a Primary girl, but Relief Society isn't too bad, either. :)
It was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment