Monday, March 23, 2015

March 2015, Week 3

*Today in church I spent the second two hours in the best way: as a substitute in the Nursery with my almost 3-year old son.  We ate goldfish, played with cars and bubbles, and traced hands to remember that we have a body like Heavenly Father does.  There are some super sweet kids in his Nursery class.  He's learning how to not scowl at everyone.

*I was thinking about how when people say that there is no calling more important than others in the church, they usually use the examples "from the Prophet (or Stake President or Bishop) all the way down to the Nursery Leaders."  I don't care for the "down" part of that expression.  There is no "down."  You have to be very spiritually secure in order to be a Nursery teacher.  Beyond Sacrament Meeting, there is only a five minute simple lesson that completes your spiritual instruction at church.  If you want more, you find it on your own at home.  I admire those who do it and love it and are fulfilled. 

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment