*Today at church was a day with no responsibilities. Ben and I were almost giddy with the thought of going to Gospel Doctrine together. As soon as I sat down, a Primary counselor came to me and asked if I would help in the Sunbeam class. I was disappointed, yes, but only until I saw the face of my son who is in that class, who was so excited to have me there! I was helping another sister who was a last minute sub, too, and she did a great job with this big class. We even went on a field trip around the building to look for "popcorn" on the trees--and we found some! (Yay for early spring in Texas.) It probably wouldn't ever happen, but I just kept thinking it would be great if the two of us could be the teachers for this awesome group of kids.
*Back to Sacrament Meeting--my son got to tell of his experience on the trek, and relate it to the pioneer ancestor that he was representing. It turns out that his (our) relative had a (relatively) easy time travelling across the ocean and the plains, compared to the horrific (or just really, really hard) experiences that others had. My son recognized that his trek (of one day, thanks to bad storms) was tough, but relatively easy, too. There was always food and help and breaks and medics and so on. Things can always be worse. But even those who went through worse thought it was worth it.
*I'm still working on making the Sacrament time the most holy part of my Sabbath Day. I know I can do it, even with my three and six (and eight...and ten...and twelve...) year olds. I think it has to be more of a regular family discussion, so that it can be a team effort, and we can evaluate our progress together. I'll keep you posted...
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment