*Today was Easter! At church we celebrated through song (our Primary children sang "Gethsemane," which, though not an official Primary song, should be an official Primary song, and the ward choir [including me!] sang "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing," which, though not in the current hymnbook, should be in the next hymnbook). We also had a wonderful talk by one of my favorite sisters. She and I have different personalities, but the same beliefs. She lives life with flair and boldness, and she invited us to look beyond her fake hair color and false eyelashes to the real, pure message in her heart. She reminded us how we put so much time into preparing for Christmas, but sometimes overlook Easter preparations, when really, "There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter" (Gordon B. Hinckley). I remember hearing that when Pres. Hinckley said that, and it took me a minute to figure out its truth. He lives--all glory to His name.
*Today I got to sit with my husband's visiting brother and his wife (and my husband!) during Sunday School, which was a rare treat. Our lesson was on Jacob 1-4, and we had a great discussion about the meaning of "magnifying your calling." We have some wise people in my ward.
*Our Relief Society lesson was a conference talk about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We talked a lot about specific trials we have that can be overcome through the Atonement. After the lesson, my sister-in-law, who has visited our ward a couple times, said she could tell that our ward really cared for each other, and the sisters seemed like we are all friends. I liked to hear that, since the ward realignments only happened three months ago. I think there has been a real effort all around to make that happen so quickly.
*It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment