Sunday, April 10, 2022

April 2022, Week 2

*Today at church we had Fast and Testimony meeting because of General Conference last week.  One of my former preschoolers is now a Deacon (😲), and he shared how he got bit by a friend's dog, and he was screaming on the way to the ER, and his mom said a prayer for him.  He was able to stop screaming and be peaceful all through getting stitches.  He testified that the Comforter will be with us when we ask.

*Before church I had been watching a YouTube lesson about the Come, Follow Me assignment for last week.  We read about the Passover, and they pointed out how many times the people of Israel were commanded to remember being saved by the blood of the Lamb.  He asked us to think about how today it hasn't changed-- we are still asked to remember, with bread and water, how we have been saved by the blood of the Lamb, but weekly instead of yearly.  They add suggested that we ask ourselves during the sacrament, "How has the Lord saved me this week?"  I am grateful for the reminder. I tried it, and I thought if the peace He brought me while Ben was out of town this week, and we had tornado threats and crazy schedules and early morning Seminary...  The peace came through our prayers, and it was real, and so needed.

It was a delight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment