*Today at church, perhaps because I attended two baptisms yesterday, I really enjoyed listening to the Sacrament prayers. I didn't get any new insight or deep spiritual connection because of them, but I find comfort in the repetitive prayers, and the sincerity of the boys performing the ordinances was obvious and sweet. I'm grateful for this weekly opportunity to remember and recommit.
*Our organist was back after her maternity leave! Hooray! But during the intermediate hymn (Is that what it's called? I suddenly can't remember what we call the hymn in the middle of the meeting), she had stepped out to care for her upset toddler, and the Bishop caught my eye and invited me up to play. I had already told everyone that I'd be willing to do that if the need came up, and here it was. The hymn was #305--"The Light Divine," which I now officially do NOT recommend playing cold! It was tricky! But we powered through. Again, I'm grateful for the chance to serve, even when I get to make mistakes in front of everyone--loudly.
*I got to teach Primary with Ben. He has been travelling a lot, but is almost always home on the weekends, which is why I really appreciate having this calling with him. He did have to leave to catch a plane after our class. I'll miss him.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment