Monday, August 28, 2023

August 2023, Week 1

 *Today at church, I substituted on the organ, so when it was time for bearing testimonies, I was already there and took advantage of being up there already.  It was a good opportunity to say how grateful I was for everyone, especially for my Savior, and I talked about some of my "spiritual touchpoints," that help guide my life, including what my mission president would always say ("The church is still true, isn't it, Sister Danielson?").  I didn't really have anything profound to share, but it was nice to take a minute to be public with my beliefs.  Another brother later got up and shared how he started thinking about his "touchpoints" and why he stays, and shared some tender things with us.

*Today our Young Women's presidency was released and a new one was called.  I'm excited for the new leadership, but I will really, really miss the president that my girls have all had and loved and learned from.  She's truly a treasure.  It's a blessing to be confident that when you send your youth, who are stepping away from you into the world to make their own decisions and create their own opinions, to church classes and you know that they will be taught truth, unapologetically.  I don't think that will be changing, but I know they had it with Sister Taylor.  She bore her testimony today and told the girls to always remember that they are so loved.

It was a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment