*Today at church we attended Grandma and Grandpa's ward in Utah again. It happens to be the very last day of 2023, so the speakers were reflecting on making goals for the new year. A couple things things that they asked us to think about included a definition of discipleship from Elder Neal A. Maxwell, which is a course of steady improvement. They asked, "How does Christ invite us to improve? What weakness needs improving? Are we faithful enough to act on impressions?" One sister said that the Lord doesn't give us a long list of things and require us to change immediately, so maybe we don't need to do that to ourselves. We can work at our own speed and follow promptings of the Spirit. That's always good advice.
*During Sunday School we had a discussion about how to have a more joyful experience while at church. I think for me, I just need to look for they joy. It's there. That's why I do this.
*After church we stopped by the cemetery next to their church building to see where my Stay grandparents are buried, and where the Roper grandparents have plots. The Danielson grandparents have plots there, too, but I don't know where. A cemetery is a place of conflicting emotions. We deeply miss those who have gone before, but there's also hope--and comfort and joy because of what that baby Jesus grew up and did for us. There is so much love.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment