Tuesday, January 16, 2024

January 2024, Week 1

 *Today in church we started off the new year with a new time (yay for 10:30 instead of 9 am!).  I was asked to lead the music, and the songs were word-heavy but great ("Oh, Say What is Truth" and "Ring Out, Wild Bells" in particular, which our organist took at a speedy clip).  The Sacrament song was "As Now We Take the Sacrament," which has a verse that says, "As now our thoughts review the past, we know we must repent.  The way to thee is righteousness--the way thy life was spent.  Forgiveness is a gift from thee we seek with pure intent.  With hands now pledged to do thy work, we take the sacrament."  This is a good resolution, I think--for each week as well as for the year.

*Our ward is getting BIG.  I knew they read in names of new families almost every week, but since we usually get there early and sit up front, I don't see who is in the back, and there are so many that I don't know.  We had to pull out more chairs after the Sacrament.  Growth is good and hard.

*The testimonies shared were sweet.  I am surrounded by good people.

*I taught my new Primary class with my new co-teacher.  Ben is now with the 10 year olds, and I'm with the 5 year olds.   We both have some challenging kids we'll learn to support.  A funny note--we were talking about the Book of Mormon being the keystone of our religion, so I drew an arch with a keystone and said that like the keystone holds up the arch, the Book of Mormon holds up our church.  One of my kids pointed up at a ceiling tile and said, "Is it that one?"  I realized I needed to explain what a symbol is.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment