*Today at church we enjoyed listening to the testimonies of our ward members. One sister said that she feels she's needy when it comes to asking for blessings. But then she said that she doesn't mind being needy. It's not like when we get to heaven, there's a reward for needing Jesus less than others do. I thought that was a good perspective.
*Today was our first Sunday with church starting at noon. My teenagers definitely enjoyed that, but I prefer the earlier times, and so did the one-year-old twins that were behind us, who were missing their naps. I got to do some baby holding service for their mom (especially since their dad wasn't at church today), and it was sweet.
*Ben and I are back together as Primary teachers! However, Ben was in Utah at his parents' mission farewell this week. Emma is still here, though, so she helped me teach the new Primary class, which has 16 kids (15 of which are active). It's the kids from my class last year and the other half of that class, which had been split since they were Sunbeams. (That's when I was called this time as a teacher--for one half of that Sunbeam class!) The class had to be recombined, because so many other classes have to be split that there are no other classrooms left, and they figured we could handle it. We only had ten show up today, along with the grandpa of our autistic friend who will help out each week. It's a squeeze in our classroom, but we make it work!
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment