*Today at church was our last week with our ward in its current configuration. Rumors are abounding about the changes we'll find out about next week. If I started thinking about not meeting with some of my good friends who live on the other side of the ward too much, I got too sad, and there were lots of hugs and "maybe goodbyes." It will be nice to have a ward of a more manageable size, though.
*But of course the most important thing that we do when we gather, in groups large or small, is take the Sacrament. We sang "In Memory of the Crucified," which is in 4/4 timing. As Sister Stultz was leading, it seemed almost as if she was making the cross symbol in front of herself, which I thought was poignant. I admire people who do often make the cross symbol, as it turns their minds to the One who was crucified for us, and I hope to be able to think of Him just as often in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment