Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 2015, Week 1

*Today in church was "lonely,"as my 11-year old daughter put it, since we were missing my 5 and 2 year olds, who were home with fevers, and my husband, who was keeping them company.  I never thought that four kids would seem like a small group, but she was right--we were lonely with them gone.

*Today was Fast and Testimony meeting again.  I think a good 90% of those who spoke were converts, and none of them made a big deal about it, but it impressed me (as always) that they were willing to change their lives for the sake of the gospel truth--and they are all grateful to have made the change.  I think of my dad's parents, who joined the church when he was a small boy, and how many people have been blessed for their decision.  I am thankful.  Having been raised in the church, I had to be converted, but it involved a change of heart, not of lifestyle, or even friends.  Converts are heroes to me.

*Today my sweet 9 year old daughter chose to bear her testimony for the first time.  It was so sweet.  She follows the righteous desires of her heart.

*Today our new Primary President was sick, on a critical transition day (First Sunday!  Everyone moves up!  Teachers change, rooms change, manuals change!) so I went in to help.  The Sunbeam teacher hadn't been called yet, and the next class up was missing a teacher, so I took the 7 kids.  It was a bit..chaotic.  However, they all left with smiles on their faces, so I count that as a success.  I came home and took a nap.

It was awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Holly, you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing this blog. I am now anxious to look for "inspiration" from my Sunday meetings.

    ReplyDelete