*Today was our Stake Conference instead of our regular meetings. We had a visiting General Authority, Larry Y. Wilson, from the Seventy. What a great man. He spoke about a lot of things, because he'd take a bit from each person who spoke before him, and comment on it, and expound a bit on it, and share some personal experience about it. Then he gave his own talk--this morning about keeping worthy of going to the temple, and last night (at the adult session) about holding fast to the iron rod. It was a pleasure listening to him, and to our Stake President, and the others who spoke. My kids were fairly clingy and a bit noisy and restless, and kind of tired (Daylight Savings began last night!), but were, overall, good.
*I was especially relaxed, because I had given a talk the night before at the adult session of the conference, and all my stress was gone! Yes, that's two Stake Conferences in a row I have been asked to speak at, but this time it was at the request of Elder Wilson. (He doesn't know me, but asked that the Stake Primary President, among others, would speak.) My topic was "Effective Ministering through Family Councils." I started out with a story about how my parents used a family council to help us stop calling each other names. After the session, Elder Wilson said that it was the most effective story he'd heard about family councils, and asked if he could share the story around the church. Umm, yes. Yes, you can.
It was awesome!
(My sweet counselor was released today. I am so sad for her, but she has determination and faith and multitudes of pray-ers on her side.)
I need to hear the story!
ReplyDelete