Monday, July 13, 2015

July 2015, Week 2

*Today at church I appreciated the Sacrament.  I am trying to be more "aware" during this time of the meeting, and it takes effort, but it is worth it.

*Today our Stake President visited our ward, and after Sacrament Meeting, he asked to meet with me for a minute.  He told me his experience in calling a new counselor for me, since one of mine is moving.  He said he had a really good feeling when I recommended her, as I had, as well.  There was some back story to her calling that he wanted me to know, and it is summed up as we called the right person at the right time.  I appreciated him telling me this.  It helps me to trust that the Spirit can work through me--and him--and my new counselor.

*Today I subbed for the Valiant 9 class.  I prepared a lesson on the Widow's Mite before church, which ended up being an interesting topic of discussion for me and my husband, but when class started, they told me they already had that lesson.  They told me where they were, and I taught that lesson off the cuff.  It was on the raising of Lazarus.  I had them read along in their Bibles while I played the recording of the chapter from the LDS scripture app, and it was very dramatic when the narrator read, "Lazarus, come forth!" (John 11:43).  They liked it.  We talked about resurrection and Jesus's power over death, which led to all the questions they had about the size of the universe, how we'll all fit on the earth after the resurrection, how heaven can be on earth if the earth is going to explode, who Heavenly Father's Father is, and so on...  (Most questions were answered with, "Have faith in God's plan and timing...because I don't know.")

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment