*Today before church, I attended Stake Council. I serve with some stalwart, well-spoken men and women in this stake. I was feeling a bit under-qualified to be with them. Even the missionary who reported and spoke about faith was so articulate and confident. Then I decided that even if I am under-qualified, I'm the one with my calling, so I just need to hunker down and do it, and stop comparing myself to others. Was it Neal A. Maxwell who said the Lord will qualify those he calls? That is what I am working toward.
*Due to reasons I don't know, some ward conferences were postponed, and I was happy to attend church in my own ward. We had a couple good Sacrament Meeting talks about gratitude, service, and repentance. The last speaker said when he was about 5, he stole a toy, and as he was returning it to the store, the manager told him, "Be grateful that you have a father who helps you make wrong things right." He also said to imagine if we only had the sacrament once a year, with that opportunity to repent and renew covenants--how sacred and honored we would make that occasion. We don't have to wait though. We get to do it every week. What a blessing.
*I was able to help my six year old daughter write and give a talk about the scriptures, and meet my new visiting teaching companion (finally!) and enjoy Gospel Doctrine (1Nephi 13--my favorite chapter as a youth) and Relief Society (Conference talk about faith being a choice, and not by chance).
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment