Sunday, February 7, 2016

January 2016, Week 5

*Today at church we had a bit of a marathon--four wards had their ward conferences.  The first ward was my own, so I actually got to see my family during Sacrament Meeting, though I had to sit on the stand.  I attended one Ward Council, two Sacrament Meetings, and taught four Sharing Times (for two wards), and my counselors went to/taught the others through the day.  It was exhausting, but then I remember the Stake Presidency, who were there long before and long after I was.  It gives me a renewed appreciation for their willingness to serve our stake.

*A couple things I'm trying to focus on as I teach the Sharing Time to the children (forgive me if I'm repeating myself, because I do repeat myself as I teach this over and over!) is 1) making the Sacrament the most holy part of this holy day, and 2) trying to remember WHY we keep the Sabbath Day holy.  If we can remember that all things we choose to do on the Sabbath have the potential to bring us closer to our Savior, it makes choosing our activities easier.  The most delightful outcome that we can have for the day is to be closer to Jesus Christ--so what do we need to do to get there?

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment