Sunday, February 7, 2016

February 2016, Week 1

*Today at church I thoroughly enjoyed watching our music leader conduct the music.  She is a slight lady in her 80's who recently broke her back and went through rehab, and is back leading us again.  She obviously loves the hymns that she is leading, and cares for each word and phrase, and is thinking about how to lead them with conviction.  She later bore her testimony in our meeting, and said she had to bear it or we might not know she had one, but I need to tell her that we can all easily see her testimony shine through as she conducts the music.

*We sang "All Creatures of our God and King" for our closing hymn.  I really like that one, and tried to focus on the words.  We don't have a culture of "praising" in our church, as many other Christian churches do in their prayers and songs and vocabulary of worship, and I usually don't mind because I'm not used to it, but with hymns like this, I enjoy the chance to praise God in song and allelujahs.

*Our Relief Society lesson was about Visiting Teaching.  We have lots of people who don't know each other because of the ward realignment, and I think they wanted to give us a boost to get out there and befriend each other.  It worked--I'm recommitted and ready--even to go meet the inactive sister I was just assigned.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment