*Today at church we had our Fast and Testimony Meeting, as we are having Stake Conference next week. I was almost giddy with being able to be with my family at church, and also for the rest of the day at home! I even substituted on the piano in Primary, so I got to see my Primary kids during that time. (My 3-year old kept sitting up high to see me over the piano and wave.)
*It was a great meeting. I was thinking about sharing how even though my testimony is self-sufficient, I am really grateful that we are able to meet together with our ward friends and share our faith together. Then about half the ward stood up (ha!) to bear their testimonies, so I didn't get a chance, but there were about four people who basically gave that same message. Also, one of my favorite sisters who always has great analogies, told of going to the Provo City Center Temple Open House, and how the building was refined through fire to become perfect (with lots of hard work) inside and out. It was good before, but now it is sacred--and we can have the same happen for us.
*The closing hymn was "God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again," which is common enough that I have it pretty much memorized. I was just singing along, and then this part of the chorus struck me during the last verse--"'til we meet at Jesus' feet." I pictured kneeling at Jesus's feet, reuniting with my family and friends, and it brought me a lot of joy. I'm thankful for an eternal perspective.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment