Sunday, March 13, 2022

March 2022, Week 2

 Today I watched church at home with my youngest (now almost 10 years old) since we both have bad colds.  We're in the end stages (we hope) of the COVID 19 pandemic, so Sacrament Meeting is still being broadcast for those medically fragile and those who are sick.  I'm grateful today for the option, but really, really prefer to be in church in person, since the audio quality of the broadcast was pretty terrible.

Actually, I wasn't going to be able to attend church at all today.  I was supposed to be on an 8:05 am flight to Denver, to go to my niece's wedding this afternoon (beginning 30 minutes from now).  But my flight was canceled by text at 3:45 am this morning.  There's no reason that I can see for the cancelation.  They offered me a 10 pm flight instead, but that obviously wouldn't work for me.  I am really sad to have to miss the wedding.  In the end, though, I am sicker than I thought, so it's probably a good thing that I'm not traveling or associating with lots of people.

Life is good.  The day is definitely not how I planned it, but I can find sparks of delight this Sabbath.  It is a day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment