Sunday, May 8, 2022

May 2022, Week 2

*Today at church we celebrated Mother's Day!  We had some sweet talks and musical numbers, including Benson with the Primary.  I just need to pause and soak up my family as they are at this moment in time-- Scott off at BYU, Emma at the YSA ward in Dallas, Gracie, Caytie, and Tessa in Young Womens, and my baby boy in his next-to-last year in Primary.  They made the sweetest little notes and taped them in a circle on the bathroom mirror this morning.  I am tremendously blessed to be loved by these people.  I was thinking about a Mother's Day several years ago when a few kids were sick, so Ben stayed home with them and I went to church alone, as I had some responsibilities to take care of.  I was actually really happy to be able to concentrate on the talks without disciplining anyone or being distracted.  Those hard church days with my kids are now (mostly) over, and I find myself wanting to gather everyone all closer just as they're ready to let go and move on.  That's the mother dilemma,  I guess.  I just need to appreciate what "is" when it is.

*Before church, my girls were given slips of paper and asked to write the top three people they would like to share a tent with for Girls Camp this summer.  I glanced at one of my daughter's paper, and she had written: "1) One of my sisters 2) Someone who might be lonely or need a friend.  I don't really have a preference."  Then I saw the top of one of my other daughter's list, and it listed her other sisters.  My heart was so touched.

*For Relief Society, the Elder's Quorum (mostly arranged by Ben) brought us fruit and cake slices, which was delicious, and we were able to mingle with each other.  Sometimes this is actually a really hard thing for me to do (mingling, that is), but the sister I do Primary Activities with sat with me and we had a good time talking together.  (She's the other Holly in the ward. 😁)  

*Now I'm going to have a lovely dinner prepared by Ben and Gracie, followed by some games.

It was (and will be) a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment