Sunday, May 29, 2022

May 2022, Week 4

*Today at church I was able to substitute in Primary as the pianist.  Primary will always have my heart!  The songs especially are what bring the Spirit to me.  For example, the closing song was "Keep the Commandments."  It is such a simple song, but I think the lines reminding me that "in this there is safety and peace" have been with me since I was a tiny Primary girl, and has given me the motivation to keep those commandments, even when the world made it seem foolish or unwise or even wrong.  Once again, the Spirit testified to me that this is the way to find true safety and peace.  (There is a conference talk by Elder Bednar from the April 2022 General Conference about the song "Let Us All Press On" where he emphasizes that "we will heed not what the wicked may say, but the Lord alone we will obey."  It's really good, and kind of a grown-up explanation of this Primary song.  Read it. :) )

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment