Sunday, June 19, 2022

June 2022, Week 2

*Today, Ben and I went to church at Scott's YSA ward in Orem.  It's his last Sunday before returning to Texas with us, and he played the organ and did a special musical number on the piano ("How Great Thou Art").  Then Ben and I left and watched a broadcast of our Texas ward's Sacrament Meeting, since Gracie had been asked to speak about Girls Camp, which they had just returned home from the day before.  She spoke about reaching out to girls she didn't know well, and about how the rain soaked her scriptures and journal, but now even though they're wrinkled, they still have all the important things in them.  Emma was at her own YSA ward, too.  This was our first trip away from our kids while leaving them on their own.  Ben and I are incredibly proud of these kids, and how they want to do not just good things, but the right things.  I'm grateful for the examples being set by my older children for the younger ones.  We are richly blessed.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment