Tuesday, June 28, 2022

June 2022, Week 4

*Today at church, a sweet new older sister gave a talk.  She reminded us that this week is the anniversary of the deaths of Joseph and Hyrum Smith, and was asked to share teachings from Joseph that were personally meaningful to her.  She had found a couple quotes from different funerals at which he had spoken regarding the eternal nature of families, which really brought her a lot of peace because her mother had died when she was four weeks old, and her husband had died several years ago, and she has great hopes for joyous reunions with them.  It made me think about what I might have chosen as meaningful to me in the teachings of Joseph Smith.  I love the "new" bicentennial proclamation on the Restoration of the Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Besides the big one of restoring the Church of Jesus Christ in these latter days, some things I think I'm most grateful for from the messages of Joseph Smith include:

-the Lord hears and answers the prayers of youth,

-covenants are essential to make and keep in this life for our eternal progression, and

-the Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ and of his love for all people--and for me.


*I got to play the piano in primary again.  Love One Another, Follow the Prophet, When He Comes Again, Book of Mormon Stories, I Am a Child of God, Gethsemane--all these songs are on repeat in my mind, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment