Thursday, July 7, 2022

July 2022, Week 1

*We didn't know if we would make it to church today since we were in San Antonio for the weekend, but we woke up early and got on the road, and thanks to light traffic and a functioning car, we were able to make it home in time for our 1:30 pm meeting (and Scott and Emma even made it to their 12:30 YSA ward).  I didn't agree to sub for anyone, since I didn't know when we'd make it home, so I went to church with no responsibilities except to follow the Spirit.  I was grateful for the time to reflect.  The testimonies were beautiful and sweet, and a reminder that we can all do hard things when we remember the motivation and blessings that come.  We sang patriotic songs since tomorrow is the Fourth of July.  The third verse of The Star Spangled Banner was particularly touching.  I have not had to stand on enemy territory and see our flag from a distance, but I am so very grateful for those that have, and I pray that we continue to keep "In God is our trust!" as our motto, though faith in Him is fading all around us.  I went to Sunday School with Ben, and we have a new teacher who really prepared and presented a beautiful lesson about Elijah.  (The widow of Zarapheth was required to sacrifice EVERYTHING--but the blessings in return were EVERYTHING.  And a new thought I learned-- her cruse of oil could symbolize The Anointed One, and her flour could represent The Bread of Life--and they did not fail.)  It was a church service where I took more than I gave, but it was a good day.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment