Monday, July 25, 2022

July 2022, Week 4

*Today in church we had a couple talks referencing pioneers, since it is Pioneer Day.  Later in the day, my family and I made pioneer wagon treats and watched the movie Seventeen Miracles.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fully appreciate the sacrifices my family members and other early pioneers really endured, and how they were able to come out on the other side better people, ready to face the challenge of establishing new settlements in the wilderness.  I can, however, be grateful for their willing efforts and for the heritage of faith that they've given to me.  I can do hard things, too, with the help of the Lord.  I can carry my faith as an ensign.  I can find peace.

*Today my Primary Activity Boys presented a fleece blanket we had tied at our last activity for the Primary President, who is due to have a baby in a week or two.  They were so pleased to give it to her.  I'm glad we were able to do that.  When I was a primary president and I had my baby Caytie, the Activity Day Girls and their leader made a quilt blanket for her, and I always appreciated them thinking of us.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment