Sunday, June 19, 2022

June 2022, Week 3

*Today in church we celebrated Father's Day, but my sweet Ben wasn't there!  It was just me and Benson, since Scott and Emma were at the YSA ward and Ben was with our other three girls on their way to Scout Camp.  How many other dads would be willing to spend a week camping with seven teenage girls (after having spent three days at Girls Camp two weeks ago)?  Not only that, but also voluntarily serve as their Scout Master for the rest of the year?  And as the Den Leader for Benson's Webelos den of seven squirley 10 year old boys?  I missed being with him today, but really, he is nailing this being-a-dad thing, and I don't think he'd like it to be any other way.

*I substituted for the Primary pianist, and the kids sang "I'm So Glad when Daddy Comes Home" during Sacrament Meeting.  Benson asked if he had to sing, since his dad wasn't there to hear it.  I said if he didn't,  he'd have to sit alone.  I guess that was a worse choice, since he decided to sing after all.

*Our Primary chorister is our old bishop, Brother Jones.  He's pretty amazing.  He uses the same game almost every Sunday for almost every song ("Guess what this song is in ___ notes!"), but I've never heard the kids complain, and they sing loud and love him.  Today he shared that his own dad has returned to heaven, and that it's okay to be sad about things like that on Father's Day, but we're glad we will get to see our loved ones again.  A sister whose husband passed away about a year ago was teary, but he was so sensitive and sweet that I think it brought her some peace.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment