*Today at church Ben and I did a viola/mandolin duet of "What Child is This," while Gracie accompanied us. It's not a traditional pairing of instruments, but it worked out, and many people were appreciative of the music. I'm grateful for opportunities to share talents, even when it makes me so nervous, because it's a way for me to share my testimony. "This, this is Christ the Lord--the babe, the Son of Mary."
*After church, Emma, Gracie, Caytie and I performed in the Stake Christmas choir performance. It was an amazing experience, and angels came to magnify our efforts. I like to listen to music, but participating in it is the way I feel the power of it the most. We ended the performance with the Hallelujah Chorus. I had held in my tears all throughout the night, but that grand song of praise ended that resolve.
*The organizers of the concert changed its name to the Light the World Musical Celebration, to go along with the Church's Light the World Christmas campaign. I have been listening to the Christian radio music station this Christmas, and I found two songs about the Light of the World, and I'll share one this week and one next week, because I really like them. This one is by Lauren Daigle, and is called "Light of the World." Of course it's better to listen to it, but the lyrics are powerful on their own, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment