Sunday, December 4, 2022

November 2022, Week 4

*Today at church my sweet husband was one of the speakers, and though he had to cut it shorter than he planned, he gave a beautiful testimony of how our Savior's Atonement can bring peace in hard times.  He shared about how when we were selling our home in Plano and the inspector found a lot of foundation issues that we had to pay to fix, and we had to use the money we were planning on using for our down payment on the new home we were building.  He said he had a lot of anxiety about this, because we were not sure how to come up with the money and we were going to be homeless.  He shared how he went to pray to find guidance, and he was directed to move forward.  He found a lot of peace in that, so we did, and at the closing of our first home, we were given a check from the equity we had accrued from a second mortgage that we had paid off and forgot about and didn't realize would provide any money.  It turned out to be the exact amount that we needed for our new home's down payment.  I'm grateful that he shared that.  I don't remember it as vividly as he does.  I had morning sickness from pregnancy and was trying to pack and figure out how to live in a hotel for five weeks before our new home was complete while caring for our four children and arranging to get the repairs made.  I left all the financial details to Ben, and I don't think I realized at the time what miracles were happening all around us.

*Today I shared the story of Jonah with my Sunbeams.  This is a well-known story, and the kids knew a lot of details already.  Jonah was complicated, but he did eventually do what he was asked to do.  I hope that I can, too, although hopefully with a better attitude.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment