Sunday, December 4, 2022

November 2022, Week 3

*Today before church my family and I were able to meet with our Bishop and talk with him about our tithing.  Then, after church, I was able to meet with a member of the Bishopric and then with a Stake Presidency member to renew my temple recommend.  I am grateful for opportunities to "bear my testimony" through answering questions in these situations.  I am blessed to be a believer.  I do question things, but it is easy for me to fall back on my beliefs, and on the circumstances that have led me to those beliefs.

*Speaking of being grateful, today at church I accompanied the choir on a rousing Thanksgiving song, based on the "simple gifts" tune.  I'm thankful my fingers cooperated.  I'm thankful to be able to be part of this group making beautiful music.

*We had awesome speakers today.  One of them is a sister I served with on the Stake Counsel, while she was the Stake Young Women's President and I was the Stake Primary President.  She moved with her daughter's family into our ward two years ago (?), just after a diagnosis of stage 4 lung cancer, which does not have a cure, but there are treatments, which work until they don't and then they try something new.  She was divorced when her three children were young and had to learn to be a working mom.  Her ex-husband committed suicide a year ago.  She said that she did not want to tell us all of these things because she wanted us to feel sorry for her, but to let us know how she has been able to find joy and gratitude in the middle of all of these really big trials.  One of the things she has found a lot of joy in is being a stay-at-home grandma, which she would not have been doing without her cancer diagnosis.  She gets to read to them and bathe them and love on them, and she delights in it.  She has also learned how the Lord speaks to her and guides her, and how to follow His promptings.  I admire her a lot.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment