Friday, March 31, 2023

March 2023, Week 4

*Today in church we had another testimony meeting, since next week is General Conference.  Sweet Gracie bore her testimony, relating it to a calculus concept of the polar axis and coordinates when graphing.  I didn't understand the reference, having never taken calculus, but she described it enough that I understood: when you start along the path, you will find the way.  She is at the beginning of her adulting, with a lot of decisions to make, and she recognizes that when she finds the path, she should stick to it, even if she doesn't see the outcome , and she knows she will find her way.  She is insightful.

*A few days ago I heard of an old friend who left the Church and is praying for the day that it will "catch up."  Sometimes when I hear news like this, along with great sadness, I feel nigglings of "Are you really doing the right thing here?  Is this really truth you are devoting your life to?  Is the 'Church' drifting from the doctrine of Christ?"  I think it is natural and normal to question, and even doubt sometimes.  I don't like to, but it causes me to stop and ponder, and pray, and to recommit.  I sometimes feel, and I did today during our meeting, like the man pleading with Jesus, "Lord, I believe.  Help thou my unbelief!"  I know it.  I live it.  I am committed.  But sometimes I need help with my unbelief.  President Uchdorf reminds me to "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith."  That is a very good place to start.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment