*Today at church we sang the first song in the first installment of released hymns for the new hymnbook. Earlier in the week they posted nine new hymns in the church library, and the first one is "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." We're all so excited for this new hymnbook, which was announced several years ago, and it was great to be able to sing this "new" song that many people remember from the "old" hymnbook (before the green one we currently use).
*Today was Fast and Testimony Meeting, and Brother Randall was conducting. He started out by saying that he was prompted to give a specific message to someone in the audience, and the message was, "God is there." He said that this person had had miracles in his or her life already that testify of God's presence, and to look back and remember, and to know that he was not the only person this week who would testify of God's reality to him or her. I thought it was sweet, and though I didn't think I was the specific person he was talking to, it was good to be reminded. (I later learned that one of my daughters felt that message was for her, and I was grateful that Bro. Randall listened to the Spirit and shared this.)
*A brother who recently welcomed his first baby to their family talked about faith. You can't always have the proof that you want in life, and have to sometimes let go and rely on your faith. Life changes make us take time to reflect on what we believe and why, and what we're going to hold onto and pass along. Again, a sweet reminder for me.
*An older sister who lives alone in a small house shared that she was quite scared in the large storms we've had this week. (We had some really, really strong winds with thunderstorms several days in a row.) She said that her house would shake in the wind, but she would pray, and Jesus was always there. She used to suffer panic attacks, up to twice a day, but when she would pray, she could find peace. English is not her first language, so it was an extra effort for her to share her message, and I was grateful she did.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment