Sunday, June 16, 2024

May 2024, Week 2

 *Today at church we celebrated Mothers Day!  It was the first one in 20 years, since Scott was a Sunbeam, that I didn't have a child in Primary to sing.  I was a little misty-eyed about it, and then one of my preschoolers caught my attention and waved wildly, saying, "Hi, Mrs. Holly!"  I looked and saw all my preschool and Primary students and Activity Days boys.  (One parent told me recently told me that I've taught half the ward's kids in one way or another.  It's actually a lot more than half...)  My own kids are growing up, and that's a really good thing, but I'm not going to be done mothering for a really long time.  That's also a really good thing.

*Speaking of former preschoolers, Aeden (who was in my very first class 10 years ago) gave a talk.  It was sweet how he said that he and the other boys see the mothers as they pass the sacrament to the congregation, and they see how they're caring for their little families and kids who may not want to be there, and they recognize the important work that they're doing. 

*Speaking of being somewhere I may not want to be... I was strangely apprehensive about going to Relief Society, to join with them for the traditional Mothers Day "snacks and chats."  I love all the Relief Society sisters, but sometimes my introverted-ness makes social situations hard to jump into.  Then I remembered that Gracie was coming with me, and suddenly I was okay.  She sat in the back with me and a couple other of my introverted friends, and we actually had a lesson for the bulk of the time, and it was really good.  (We discussed our newest apostle, Elder Patrick Kearon's, talk, where he said that God is in relentless pursuit of us.  Awesome. ♥️)  We got chocolate bars at the end.  Pretty perfect Sunday.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment