Friday, September 27, 2024

September 2024, Week 3

 *Today at church, a youth gave a wonderful talk about repentance.  He's a year older than Benson, and knowing how much Benson required my involvement in the talk he gave, I was extra impressed--since this boy has one older active brother, but no other active family members to assist him in writing his talk.  He has a bright future ahead of him.

*A sister with three young boys talked about how she was starting to feel like the victim in her life--everything was happening to her to push her down into negativity.  She learned that she could create positivity in her life through her thoughts, which lead to her feelings, which lead to her actions.  She reminded us of the power of prayer, meditation, and focusing on blessings--and repentance.

*In Primary Singing Time, I sit behind a class with a boy with autism.  He is SO smart, and SO loud!  He makes me smile every week as he observes the world and people around him and comments on how they all work.  I can see the adults in the room are sometimes frustrated with the noise level coming from that row, but I'm grateful that none of the kids around him seem bothered by his volume and energy, because he definitely should feel inclusion and love, especially in the Primary room.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment