Friday, September 27, 2024

September 2024, Week 4

 *Today at church we had our Primary Program!  Fun fact: no Roper children participated in the program, for the first time since Scott was a Sunbeam, but both Roper parents participated!  They can't get rid of us yet!

*I was surprised (but not really) that the songs that we've been singing week after week (and which I've been singing for year after year after year) are what particularly pricked my heart during the program.  When they sang, "I will go, I will do the things the Lord commands!" I just pictured all of these small children holding onto those words, armed with faith as they grow into the world that is continually changing its morals and idea of what is right and true.  We're giving them as many tools and as much armor as we can, but they have to pick it up and use it, and if they will "go and do," then they will be all right.  And, "Heavenly Father, are you really there?"  When we were learning that song, our chorister asked the children if they ever wondered that.  All of them shook their heads no, as if this was the most ridiculous question.  She asked them how He had heard and answered their prayers, and there were so many sweet examples that they shared.  But will they remember this truth?  Will they remember this song when they are lonely, confused teenagers?  When they have trials that seem too great to bear?  Will I?

*One of the classes shared short scripture verses, all of which were truths taught by Nephi.  It was awesome to hear Nephi's teachings this way.  I wish I had a list of the verses they used, but I'm sure I could curate my own list.  I'm grateful for Nephi and his wisdom.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment