Friday, September 27, 2024

August 2024, Week 4

 *Today at church, a boy Benson's age gave his first talk.  He has always been shy in every social situation I've seen him in, so I was a little surprised that he agreed to give a talk.  His talk was about faith, and as he began, I could see that speaking in front of us was really, really hard for him.  He said that for faith to grow, you have to do something, and not just wait.  He said his parents actually gave him the choice to give the talk or not to, and he decided that he wanted to because it would help his faith to grow.  I was so touched and proud of him.

*A new sister spoke and told about the faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and how they had their "but if not" moment.  She reminded us of Nephi, and how he didn't always have automatic trust in his father the prophet, but had to work at his belief by asking in prayer, and then his faith was confirmed.  She has a son that was born with many special needs, and she said their family has had "but if not" moments in regards to his life, and times when they've had to go to the Lord in prayer before their faith could be confirmed.  She believes that his trials have given her space to grow her faith.

*We sang (as a choir) the new song (for us) "His Eye Is on the Sparrow."  It is simple and beautiful and I love it.  "I sing because I'm happy-- I sing because I'm free-- For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."

*Benny Nance gave his last talk before his mission.  He was vulnerable and funny and faithful, and I believe he will make a wonderful missionary.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment