*Today for church we went to our Stake Conference. We had the adult session the night before, and were reminded to keep the Sabbath Day holy. Today, I was part of the choir with Gracie. We sang "Come Thou Fount of Many Blessings," which I have sung many times, but sometimes a song just hits you right, and this one did that for me today. "Oh, to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be! Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wand'ring heart to Thee. Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart, O take and seal it; seal it for Thy courts above." It was the Tabernacle Choir's version, which is big and bold and loud, and so moving. It was a blessing to be able to sing it.
*The Mission President's wife spoke, and asked us what our faces look like when we're in church. Do they reflect that we're happy to be there? Interesting to think about.
*Our new Stake Young Women's President also spoke, and she talked about growing up with parents who were converts and also native Spanish speakers, so she would switch between the English and Spanish branch every year or so, and never really felt like she fit in anywhere. She had to learn what the gospel meant to her personally, and how to make it meaningful in her own life. She is a great speaker, and the young women are blessed to have her.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment