Friday, November 8, 2024

October 2024, Week 2

 *Today at church we witnessed the blessing of a baby.  His parents are struggling with their faith, but they are still coming, trying to find the Light in this world.  His dad blessed him to know that Heavenly Father knows the challenges that he will have, and He wants it to be that way.  I loved that perspective, that reminder that we don't need to pray all the trials away, but to know that adversity is part of the plan to help us develop into who Heavenly Father needs us to be.

*We sang Hymn 177, "Tis Sweet To Sing the Matchless Love."  Again, it's one of those hymns that I've sung so many times, but today I felt the message of praise and joy for the One who left his home above to fulfill the Father's plan.  It has an upbeat tune for a song about death, because it's also about the life that comes to us through that death, and we are encouraged to sing hosannas to His name because of it.  (Our organist plays hymns fast, and I appreciate that.)  In our Come, Follow Me readings this week we're studying about Jesus's visit to the Americas after His death, and this morning I read 3 Nephi 19:25, which says, "and His countenance did smile upon them, and the light of his countenance did shine upon them."  Then verse 30: "He did smile upon them again."  I think the smile is one of the best ways for me to see His love for me, and I'm excited to see it in person again!  Let's "unite in sweetest songs of praise" and "let heav'n and earth His love proclaim!"

*We also had our Testimony Meeting today, due to conferences in previous weeks.  One sister shared that it's been the hardest year spiritually for her.  She's had lots of plans for this year, but Jesus did, too, and when she did Jesus's plan, she became a better person.  Another sister said she feels like her family has had dirt thrown on them over and over, but now they're ready to be planted and grow.  What amazing perspectives of trials--like the baby blessing.  I love my ward.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment