Monday, December 8, 2014

December 2014, Week 1

*Today at church we had our Fast and Testimony Meeting.  It has been a while since I went up, but as I sat reflecting on things, I realized that it was almost the 10 year anniversary of when my sister's husband passed away from a brain tumor.  My sister is only a year and a half older than I am, and she had 5 kids, from 10 to 6 months old when this happened.  I felt I could share some of my reflections on this family event.  He passed away on my birthday.  It was so sad to think about my sister and how she was alone with her children.  I selfishly thought this was a very sad thing to have to remember on my birthday each year.  A couple years after he passed away, I realized that we now kind of shared a birthday--mine for my birth into this life, and his for his birth into the next life.  It helps me to think on the eternal nature of our lives, and how though he probably mourns not being with his wife and children, he probably also rejoices in being able to do the work he needs to be doing now in his next life.

*Today at church I went to the Gospel Doctrine class in my ward for the first time in a couple years...for five minutes, until they needed a sub in Primary.  I was happy to help out, as it was for my 7-year old daughter's class.  We got to talk about Jesus' resurrection.

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment