Monday, February 23, 2015

February 2015, Week 2

*Today I was able to attend two Ward Conferences.  I was teaching the Sharing Time that we are giving for all the wards for one of the wards, and one of my counselors was going to teach the other ward, but she called in the morning to say that she was sick with the flu.  I didn't want to drop it on my other counselor without warning, so I just did the lessons for both wards.  Four Sharing Times in a row (since each ward has a junior and a senior primary).  It was...exhausting.  But--it was also interesting to see how even with the same lesson for the four groups, I had a slightly different emphasis on certain stories or scriptures.  Reflecting back on where I put the emphasis for which group of kids was interesting, and I believe it was inspired, though I don't know the reasons.

*As we (the Stake leaders) visit each ward, we sit on the stand for the Sacrament Meetings.  In the first congregation I visited, the Mission President and his wife were there, smiling sweetly at us through the meeting.  I had forgotten that this was their home ward.  I don't suppose they get the opportunity to go to their home ward often, or to sit in the congregation for many church meetings.  They looked like they enjoyed it a lot.

*Today at the end of church (at 2 pm), I was given an extra Valentine cookie that had been handed out in Relief Society.  I was so thankful for that cookie!  I had forgotten to bring any food with me that day, and hadn't eaten since 7:00 am (since I attended the Ward Council meeting at 7:45), and had a 40 minute drive home to go.  It was amazingly tasty.

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment