*Today at church I got to go to my own ward, with my own family! It is amazing how great it was to be there with them. It makes me think of all the families of the High Counselors and other stake leaders who must miss each other, as they have to be apart even more that I was from mine.
*Today the Sacrament Meeting talks were about continuing revelation. I enjoyed the talks (the parts I could focus on between shushing my kids, who were so chatty), but I really enjoyed the closing prayer. She used some awesome phrases, like "thoughtfully using our agency" for finding revelation for our families. I wish I could remember it all.
*Today my almost 3 year old son went to Nursery for the second week in a row. We are turning a corner, folks! We had been talking about it all morning, and he seemed reluctant but willing. As we drove up to the building, he said, "No church. Let's go home." We didn't listen. He went, he sat, he played with cars, he ate his snack, and he even fell asleep for a little bit (in his chair). This is such progress. I hope it will stick.
*Today I got to see my friend who moved away and was here for a visit. I like to be around her because she asks thoughtful questions and cares about the answers. She's also funny. (Thanks for coming!)
It was awesome!
But...this week I learned that my counselor has stage 4 colon cancer. It is terrible news, and we are still praying for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment