Monday, February 23, 2015

February 2015, Week 3

*Today was another day of three overlapping Ward Conferences (and their Ward Councils) to attend.  The good news was that they were in my home building!  Also, these were the last three for the year!  The bad news is that my counselor, who was sick the previous week, is in the hospital.  They are trying to determine what is wrong, but there might be cancer involved.  We are praying for her.  It made a day of juggling for me and my other counselor and secretary.  I wasn't able to attend my own ward or see my family, as I was hoping, as I was involved in the other wards.  It was fun, however, to see all my friends and my Primary kids from before our wards split.

*I love going to the Ward Councils.  It is a great way to get a feel for the ward, and to get to know the perspectives of the ward leaders.  I love to hear what emphasis and council our Stake President chooses for each ward.  I don't know if he thinks of it before the meeting or if he just says what comes to mind at the moment (probably both), but it is always different--sometimes only slightly, and sometimes very noticeably.  He is a very approachable, thoughtful, and straightforward man.  I am enjoying getting to know him and the other Stake leaders, as well.

*I gave the Sharing Time three times today.  The first two (in the same ward) went particularly well.  I felt the Spirit of the stories of Jesus, and I felt the children could tell I believed what I was telling them.  I was excited for the last lesson, as it was the last time I'd be giving the Sharing Time, and it was with the kids formerly in my ward.  Since this is a blog about positive experiences at church, I will spare the details of how difficult this 20 minutes were.  There were several factors that combined to make it turn out as it did, but I'll say that I came away feeling like an amateur in need of major classroom management skills.  I have reflected on the day, and have some ideas of how I can do things differently in the future.  I just wish I could have thought of them in the moment, to model what to do for the ward leaders.  Maybe next time...

It was...awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment