Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 2015, Week 3

*Today it was a little different at church.  I had planned to substitute for the Primary pianist, but she ended up not needing me today, so I was not a substitute for anyone!  I went to Sacrament Meeting, Sunday School, and Relief Society, and was just a participant.  Actually, since I've had a cold all week and have not much of a voice, I mostly just listened.  It was...nice, but, I do prefer to be "doing" at church instead of just sitting.  Oh--I did give the closing prayer in Relief Society, so that gave me some validation. :)

*Speaking of "doing" at church, our Relief Society secretary was the only one in the presidency there, so she conducted the meeting, led the music, and, since the instructor fell the night before, also taught the lesson.  Busy!  She told a sweet story of her son.  Her own father passed away when she was young, and she has very few memories of him.  However, her young son used to cry and tell her how much he missed his grandpa.  She would tell him that he didn't even know him, but he would assure her that he did, and that he missed him.  "Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting..."

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment