Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 2015, Week 4

*Today was a long church day, but that's a good thing.  I had an early Stake Council meeting, but was able to make it back in time for my own ward's meeting, where I was a last-minute sub for the organist and for the Sunbeam teacher.  Easy, upbeat songs today--I like that.  Primary in my ward is always a treat, and then I got to go to the Spanish Branch primary for a visit.  I am happy to be remembering the children and their leaders!

*One of the youth speakers has dyslexia, and stumbled a bit giving her talk.  After she sat down, she was on the verge of tears, and we could see her feeling worse and worse, even though we were all rooting for her and trying to give her whatever "thumbs-up" expressions we could.  She was sitting between our High Counsel speaker and the adult speaker, and the High Counselor grabbed the tissues, and the adult speaker put his arm around her and quietly reassured her, and it was so sweet.  I hope that the youth speaker felt of the love of everyone around her.

*Those Sunbeams--what an adventure!  I think that if I had time to prepare, or if they had a routine I could jump in and follow, we would be sailing a little smoother.  I couldn't get them all to look at me at one time, and there are only four.  I thought I had basically taught the lesson to the air, and just let them color for the last 15 minutes.  However, when they gave the closing prayers (they all wanted a turn), they each mentioned something from the lesson, and the most detailed list was from the one boy that I was sure was paying the least attention.  I was humbled.

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment